June 9, 2011

Roasted Farmers' Market Vegetables

Roasted Farmers' Market Vegetables
Now that I am on my easy & healthy kick, this just seems too simple.  Last summer I became overwhelmed  with complicated recipes for all of the fresh goodies CSA.  Wish I had thought of this then.
Simply pick what you like, rinse and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the herbs of your choice & roast in an oven at 400 for roughly half an hour.  Tuesday evening it was carrots, squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, & brocollini. The tomatoes & brocollini only needed about 25 minutes, but the rest stayed for closer to 40.  I tossed with cooking spray, gray salt & Herbs De Provence.  They made a perfect side to a grilled pork tenderloin with brown rice.  There is no excuse not to eat healthy with this one.  Enjoy!
Easy Clean Up too

1 comment:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

You are so right Lara. There is no excuse not to eat healthy with great ideas like this.
Sam