November 8, 2011

Bacon & Corn Dip

This is the time of year for appetizers.  Whether it be football games or holiday parties I am always looking something easy to put together to share.  This is a good one - hope you enjoy!
Bacon & Corn Dip

8 oz light cream cheese, softened
8 oz light sour cream
1 can sweet, whole kernel corn
5 slices crispy turkey bacon, crumbled
1 tbs olive oil mayo
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
3 good dashes of hot sauce
Tortilla chips or Wheat Thins

Allow cream cheese to soften, let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes.  Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, salt & pepper, garlic and hot sauce.  Fold in the corn and crispy bacon (I microwave for 3 minutes) & refrigerate for 6 hours.  Serve with chips or crackers.

The longer this sits the more the flavors melt together.  I typically like to prep the night before.

1 comment:

StephenC said...

For a long time I suggested using canned or frozen corn interchangeably. I've changed my mind. I think frozen is far better in texture. Nonetheless, this is a nice idea you have.